Creative work life balance?

5 Likes

Heh. Relevant asf. Im leaving soon for this very reason. Creativity wins. It has to.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s tough, I’ve been getting up at 3am on my days off to get more done… my heads not right if I ain’t creating enough.

4 Likes

It certainly is the razors edge. I have skated around this almost my entire life. Sustaining a creative practice and all the while needing money to survive, to play the game, to pay rent, buy toys, and put on shows or fund releases.

Capitalism truely is the pits.

3 Likes

The struggle is real. Unfortunately we seem to devalue creativity, although it is essential!

2 Likes

to be honest at this point creativity to me is about mental health not about actually creating anything at all. its an outlet for the mind to wander and be weird and be yourself. its totally engrossing yourself and getting into that flow state. gawd i miss it. fucking bring on 3 months off work solid for modular!!

6 Likes

Definitely share that sentiment. If I’m not working on something creative I don’t feel like myself. Haven’t managed to release anything since 2016 but lot’s of personal explorations have happened in that time.

3 Likes